ArmchairCook's Recipes

We cannot live on Food Network alone: some of my favorite recipes.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Black Bean Wrap

2 cans black beans
1/2 Cup water
l/4 Cup orange juuice
Chopped onion and chopped fresh garlic
1 T. salsa
Cilantro (to taste)

Drain beans.
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add beans, water, orange juice and salsa. Cook 5-8 minutes. Then add cilantro (optional).
Spread tortilla with shredded cheese (or just put in the tortilla center).
Put tortilla with cheese into microwave just until cheese melts.
Then put in bean mixture, avocado (chopped or sliced) and sour cream.

Tips:
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes like they use on pizza (optional).
Only add cilantro after everything is cooked otherwise it is too strong. I didn't use this because I don't like cilantro and it tasted okay.
Can use regular tortillas or wraps.
I put the avocado and sour cream on the outside after tortilla is filled.
1 can of beans makes me 2 huge meals.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Sour Duck said…

    Orange juice?!? Okay this one's intrigued me now...

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    I would expect lime juice,, or even lemon..since those are used all the time in Mexican cooking.. orange juice is different.. im making this ..both ways.. sounds delicious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home